@het.co 2:01 PM
A detailed look from Ursa Space Click for the full report here
- The PES Refinery was comprised Point Breeze and Girard Point facilities. The Refinery complex had a capacity to process 335,000 bpd
- On June 10th a fire broke out at the Point Breeze section, and then 11 days later in the Girard Point section a butane vat connected to a 30,000 bpd alkylation unit ignited causing a series of explosions.
- from satellite imagery, Ursa concludes the fire destroyed the alkylation unit, including the eastern half of the train, the reactors and settlers, and damaged adjacent pipelines. In addition, the fractionation tower remained in tact, but pipeline infrastructure connecting unit components was gone.
- The alkylation unit produces alkylate, a premium gasoline feedstock
- Refineries along the Altantic Seaboard are experience challenging economics
- By June 26, NYMEX RBOB was 10% higher than just six days earlier.
Click here to JUMP to the post